Digital banking systems such as net banking and mobile banking apps are available to Bank of India account holders. Account-holders can use Bank of India Mobile Banking or BOI Mobile Banking apps to access banking services such as BOI balance inquiry, mini statement, account summary, fund transfer, and more from the comfort of their own homes.
Bank of India Mobile Banking Features
- Convenience of banking: Bank of India offers a variety of mobile banking applications to meet a variety of banking needs. The Bank of India provides distinct apps for merchants in addition to its BOI mobile app, which is the official mobile banking app for Bank of India consumers. Not only that, but Bank of India also offers BOI Credit Shield, BOI Credit Control, BHIM BOI UPI, and BOI BHIM Aadhaar app.
- Check the app to see whether there is any money owed to you. A summary of the loan amount with details of all previous payments can be seen and downloaded. The BOI Mobile app also lets users download their loan account’s interest certificate.
- Deposit Account: The BOI mobile app has made checking the balance of a deposit account as well as the current balance very simple. Users can easily view a fast summary of their deposit account using the program. One unusual feature is the ability to start a new deposit account directly from the app.
- mPassbook: BOI has taken it a step further by making it simple to download a passbook for all of its mobile banking customers. A digital counterpart of a classic passbook is the m-passbook feature. A PDF version of the statement can be downloaded, or the statement can be sent to you.
Bank of India Mobile Banking Benefits
The following are some of the benefits of utilising the BOI mobile banking app:
- All standard bank account services can be performed directly on the phone, as opposed to using the net banking capability.
- Use all of your banking options while on the road.
- Use the BOI Billpay app to pay all of your utility bills. There’s no need to stand in huge lines or wait for a laptop to pay online. Open the app and complete all of your transactions in one spot.
- Transferring money has gotten easier and faster. To make and request payments, use NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, or the BHIM BOI UPI app.
- If your credit card or debit card is stolen or lost, use the app to block it directly from their apps.
Services offered by the Bank of India Mobile Banking app
|FAQ||Account balance||Account statement|
|Favourite feature||Personalised offers||Locate ATMs|
|Locate bank branch||Loan details||Status of cheque|
Different BOI Mobile Apps
|Bank of India Apps||Features|
|BOI Mobile||Check account balance, BOI account statement Fund transfer using NEFT, RTGS, IMPS|
|BOI Credit Control||Credit card transaction alerts, block and unblock transactions Set credit card limit, analyse spending|
|BOI Card Shield||Switch cards on and off, set limits Enable and disable specific transactions and payments, transaction alerts|
|BHIM BOI UPI||Make payments, add accounts, transfer funds Link beneficiaries, check BOI account balance|
|BOI Billpay||Make utility bill payments Make payments for minimum, full, partial, excess, cut off amount as well|
|BOI BHIM Aadhaar||App for merchants to receive payments Uses Aadhar linked accounts only|
BOI Mobile is the official Bank of India mobile banking app, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Account-holders can use this mobile banking app to access banking services from the comfort of their own homes.
|Account information||Check account balance, transactions performed, mPassbook|
|Fund Transfer||Transfer funds using NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, etc. to any bank account. Transfer funds within the same bank|
|Location Services||Locate bank branches and ATMs near by|
|Favourites Feature||Set the most used transaction as favourites to quickly transfer funds|
|Miscellaneous Services||Track status of the cheque, stop a cheque, track all other service requests|
BOI Credit Control
All Bank of India credit card holders have access to a specialised mobile banking app. This program allows credit card holders to turn on and off their cards, generate green PINs, and much more.
|BOI Credit Control||Features|
|Transaction details||Set transaction limits, track transactions, turn international transactions on and off|
|Green PIN||User can create new PIN or user can change PIN of his/her credit card|
|Block and unblock||Block and unblock specific transactions and merchants|
|Account summary||View amount due, total due, unbilled amount, etc. on and off Credit Card to prevent misuse|
BOI Card Shield
All credit card customers can use the BOI Card Shield app to block or unblock their cards, receive transaction alerts, and set their spend limit by location. The main features and advantages of utilising the BOI Card Shield app are listed below.
|BOI Card Shield||Features|
|Debit Card services||Turn card on and off to prevent misuse, block credit cards and unblock cards|
|Transaction features||Set transaction limits, enable and disable specific transactions and merchants, instant transaction alerts, limit transaction to a certain geographic location only|
|Self-service||Available balance check, transaction history, details of transactions, memo, etc.|
|Monitor alerts||Cardholder can monitor alerts for various parameters as below My Location Region on a Map Transaction Limit Card Status Change etc|
BHIM BOI UPI
The BHIM BOI app allows account holders to make fund transactions. To make a fund transfer, account users will just need to create a Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
|BHIM BOI UPI||Features|
|Payments||Make payment to anyone without their bank information|
|Bank accounts||Link one or multiple bank accounts to the app, check their balance|
|Funds transfer||Transfer funds using UPI on the app, free of cost, available 24*7|
|Request money||Request for payment using the user’s ID and amount|
Users can pay their electricity, mobile, gas, and water bills, as well as recharge their mobile phones and DTH, using the BOI BillPay mobile banking app.
|Bill payments||Pay all the utility bills in one place. Pay gas, electricity, water, mobile bill, DTH bills here|
|Payment options||Specify whether to pay the full amount, minimum, full or partial and also the penalty amount|
BOI BHIM Aadhaar
BHIM BOI Aadhaar is a mobile banking app that retailers may use. Using this app, merchants can only accept payments from Aadhaar-linked accounts.
|BOI BHIM Aadhaar||Features|
|Payments||Make payments between merchant and customer using Aadhaar linked bank accounts|
Bank of India Mobile Banking Registration Procedure
To begin utilising the BOI mobile app, account holders must first complete the BOI mobile banking registration process. Account holders should follow the steps outlined below to register for the Bank of India mobile banking app:
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and download the BOI Mobile app.
- Step 2: Read the welcome message and then press the ‘Next’ button.
- Step 3: On the linked page, click ‘Proceed.’
- Step 4: Confirm the number by selecting your preferred SIM.
- Step 5: For verification, one will receive an SMS.
- Step 6: Verify that the cellphone number is correct and associated with the bank account, then select ‘Proceed.’
- Step 7: Read the terms for creating a user ID and create one.
- Step 8: Create a 6-digit numeric PIN to use with the user ID when logging in, then click ‘Submit.’
- Step 9: Register with the ‘View only’ or ‘Funds Transfer’ options.
- Step 10: Select the customer ID from the drop-down option for the ‘View Only’ facility.
- Step 11: Fill in the debit card information and click “Submit.”
- Step 12: Click “Verify” after entering the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- Step 13: Click “Submit” after entering the transaction password.
- Step 14: The user can now sign in and utilise the app.
What Is the Best Way to Use the Bank of India Mobile App?
To utilise the BOI mobile banking app, follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and download the BOI Mobile app.
- Step 2: After downloading, open the app and register for BOI Mobile Banking.
- Step 3: After completing the registration process, log in to the application using your cellphone number, user ID, or customer ID, as well as your login PIN. After you’ve entered these details, click ‘Login.’
- Step 4: To check on your bank accounts, go to ‘My Account.’ Check the account balance, completed transactions, and statement, among other things.
- Step 5: Make the most frequently used transaction details ‘Favorite.’ You can use it to transact and save time.
- Step 6: Select’mPassbook’ to generate a transaction passbook.
- Step 7: Select ‘Locator’ to locate and address the nearest bank branch and ATM.
The BOI Mobile app is completely risk-free to use. To maintain security, all information input is encrypted.
Yes, the app itself can be used to de-register from Bank Of India mobile banking.
The ‘forgot’ feature in the BOI mobile banking app can be used to reset them.
The app works with any Android version higher than 5.0.2 and any iOS version higher than 8.0.
The Favourite option is used to bookmark the successful transaction beneficiary. For subsequent transactions involving the same beneficiary, the user does not need to submit the information again.