Close Credit Card In this era of the digital market, the use of credit cards is very essential. Every bank has its own credit card list, some are free of cost and some are chargeable. There are many banks, that are giving credit cards to their customers free of cost. But when it comes to closing a credit card, it becomes a real headache. Today in this article we are sharing various ways for credit card closure, online as well as offline.
So What is Credit Card?
A credit card is a kind mode that helps customers to make instant transactions. With the help of these cards, the customers can buy anything and can pay the bill later. Credit card company allows customers to buy anything from anywhere nationally and internationally. Financial institutions set credit card limits for customers by analyzing their recent transactions in their accounts. There are many banks and credit card companies that are offering many benefits and lots of rewards schemes to its customers. Credit card is known as the most useful products in the world of finance. Customer can also set their own usage of the credit card with help of a bank app or internet banking.
Benefits of Credit Card
- Credit card helps customer to buy goods and services online or offline.
- Credit Card is accepted everywhere. It helps to do online shopping very smoothly.
- It encourages doing cashless transactions.
- It also allows to do interest-free cash withdrawals:
- Credit card provides many instant discounts on different online and offline platforms.
- It provides you the facility of purchasing anything in installments.
- It helps the customer to make travel easy by providing fee lounge facilities at the airport.
- At the time of purchasing anything, it gives you a cash back facility also.
How to Close Credit Card Online
Customers can easily close their credit cards. There can be any reason for closing the card, maybe it was not giving good benefits or the customer is not satisfied with its facilities. In the process of credit card closure, customers don’t have to pay any fees or charges.
Important Points to Remember While Closing Credit Card
- Pay all outstanding bills.
- Redeem your all reward points.
- Complete all installments if you have made any.
- Delete your saved credit card from various online sites.
- Don’t use a credit card just before applying for closure.
- Make sure you checked the last statement in detail.
How to Close HDFC Bank Credit Card Close
- Visit the HDFC website, the home page will appear.
- Click on the personal option.
- The click on credit cards option.
- Enter all details like a phone number.
- Enter OTP receive
- Enter the last four digits of your credit card number.
- Select the reason why you want to deactivate the account.
- Your request will be accepted.
SBI Credit Card Closing Process
- Firstly visit the official website of SBI
- Click on the credit card option.
- Fill out the form and then submit a request.
- After receiving the request, the bank employee will call you to confirm whether you have applied for closure or not.
Close PNB Credit Card through Net Banking
- Visit the PNB website, then log in to your PNB net banking account.
- Click on the Value-added Service option.
- After that ATM/Debit Card Hotlisting.
- A drop-down menu will appear, select your account number.
- Click on the continue option.
- After clicking, the card that is attached to the selected account will be seen.
- You can click on the card number, if not displayed then enter your card number.
- Then, enter IBS Transaction Password.
- Click on Submit
- Soon, you will receive a confirmation message of the card being successfully hotlisted.
Close PNB Credit Card through Mobile App
- Install the PNB app on your mobile phone.
- Then log in by entering your login ID and password.
- The home page will appear.
- Click on the Credit Card option.
- After that click on the ‘Hotlist Credit Card’ option.
- A drop menu will appear, choose the account number to which the card which has to be deactivated is attached.
- After this, click on Continue.
- The card that is attached to the selected account will be seen, select the correct card number.
- Enter the correct transaction password.
- Click on Continue.
How to Close ICICI Credit Card
- First Visit the official website of ICICI bank
- Log into your account by entering the correct details.
- Then download the Credit Card Cancellation Form.
- Fill out the form correctly by entering all details such as the number of the primary and the add-on credit card (if any), mobile number, email-id, and name of the city. Also, give the reason in the form for the cancellation of your card.
- After filling it out, submit it online.
- After receiving the request for cancellation, the employee from the bank will call you to confirm your request.
- After confirming, the cancellation request will be processed in 7 days.
- You will be informed about the cancellation of the card through your registered email and the mobile number given in the form.
How to close Credit Card Offline
- By calling on Toll Free Number- By calling the TOLL FREE number mentioned on the back side of the card, the cancellation request can be placed. Bank representatives on phone will verify your identity by asking some questions like DOB and permanent address. After verifying, they will accept your request for closure. Soon, you will receive a closure message on your registered mobile number.
- By Visiting Bank Branch- Customers can opt for one more option to close their credit cards which is by visiting the bank branch. After reaching the bank, ask for the form of closure, and fill the form by entering full details. After filling out the form, submit it. Soon your credit card will be deactivated.