ITR e-filing 2.0 Portal |e-File on Income Tax efiling Registration | incometax.gov.in Portal Details | Benefits of New e-filing 2.0 Portal
ITR e-filing 2.0 Portal
On June 7, 2021, the Income Tax Department launched its new e-filing system i.e. e filling 2.0 at www.incometax.gov.in. The new website promises to provide taxpayers with comfort and a “modern, seamless experience”. To all taxpayers, The Income Tax Department is pleased to announce the launch of its new e-filing system, www.incometax.gov.in, on June 7, 2021,” according to messages issued to taxpayers on June 7.the Income Tax Department also include cost-free ITR preparation software for Forms ITR-1, ITR-2 in New ITR e-filing 2.0 Portal.
New ITR e-filing Website Details
Since its inception, several issues with the new e-filing platform have been noted. During a meeting with finance ministry officials and Infosys executives on June 22, the chartered accountants’ apex body ICAI gave presentations on different challenges encountered on the new Income Tax e-filing system. The ministry convened a meeting to discuss the faults and issues with the new portal.
The Income Tax Department had also announced that it would provide free ITR preparation software for Forms ITR-1, ITR-2, and 4 in addition with the launch of the new e-filing portal.“Option for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 and free ITR preparation software with interactive questions to assist taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with will be made available shortly,” according to a statement from the Ministry of Finance.
Link to the New ITR e-filing Website
If you want to access the new e-filing website, you can access it at www.incometax.gov.in.
New e-filing 2.0 Portal Features & Benefits
Following are the features of the new e-filing website (www.incometax.gov.in).
- Immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) in order to provide taxpayers with prompt refunds
- All interactions, uploads, and pending activities are displayed on a single dashboard for the taxpayer’s follow-up action.
- Taxpayers can update their profile ahead of time to submit details of their income, such as salary, house property, and business/profession, which will be used to pre-fill their ITR.
- After TDS and SFT statements are submitted, a detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividends, and capital gains will be provided (due date is June 30th, 2021)
- A new call center for taxpayer support has been established to provide rapid responses to taxpayer inquiries.
- There are also detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos, and a chatbot/live agent available.