EPF Passbook Check | EPF Passbook Login | Download UAN Passbook | EPF Passbook Online | How To Download Your EPF Passbook
Saving money is an excellent habit to have. Savings aid in the planning and preparation for a secure future. Investing in a provident fund is one of the most prevalent ways to encourage people to save for a happy retirement. It’s an investment fund into which both the employee and the employer/government put money into an employee’s retirement fund. The article will provide you details about the EPF Passbook Check and the processes to download EPF Passbook
All provident fund investments are done in the EPFO’s (Employee’s Provident Fund Organization) account. For such accounts, the EPFO assigns a Universal Account Number (UAN). The EPFO assigns each of its members a 12-digit number known as their Universal Account Number. It is a unique identifier for members who are eligible for the provident fund. The UAN remains the same regardless of employment changes. EPFO’s services are completely available via the internet.
View EPF Passbook Online
To view the EPF Passbook online, members must first register on the unified member site. Members can access their passbooks online after six hours after registration. Exempted establishments members, settled members, and inoperative members, however, will not be able to use the passbook facility.
The following is a step-by-step guide to getting online access to your UAN passbook:
- To access the EPF site, go to the dashboard and click on ‘Our Services,‘ then ‘For Employees.’
- Select ‘Member Passbook’.
- To log in and access the account, fill in the following information.
EPFO services are also available through apps that can be downloaded from the UMANG website, the Google Play store, or the Apple App Store. The Unified Mobile App for New Governance (UMANG) stands for Unified Mobile App for New Governance.
View UAN Status
The following are the measures to take:
- Go to the EPF site. On the dashboard, click on ‘Our Services,’ then ‘For Employees.‘ in the drop down menu.
- Select UAN Online Service (OCS/OTCP).
- Select ‘Know your UAN Status’.
- You can use your PF number or member ID, as well as your PAN or Aadhaar number. Other information, such as your date of birth and phone number, should be filled in as well.
- Select “Get Authorization Pin“.
- The registered mobile number will receive an authentication pin. You need to validate the pin by clicking ‘Validate OTP and get UAN,’ option.
- The UAN number and its status will be sent to the registered mobile number as a text message.
Creating an Account for the UAN e-Passbook
To register for the e-passbook service, users must first activate their UAN. By going to https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in, you can activate your UAN. After three working days from the day of authentication, you should be able to download the e-passbook. After login into the member site, click ‘Download e-passbook‘ to access your e-passbook.
EPF Passbook Balance Check
Users can check their account balances in a variety of ways. All the processes to check EPF Passbook Online are detailed in the given below section.
Through EPFO’s Web Site
- To check your account balance on the EPFO portal, follow the instructions below.
- To access the EPF site, go to the dashboard and click on ‘Our Services,’ then ‘For Employees.’
- Select ‘Member Passbook’.
- To access the account, you must fill in the following information.
EPF Passbook Balance Check Through SMS
Send an SMS from the registered cellphone number to 7738299899 to check the balance of your EPF account. The message should be sent in the format ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG,’ with ENG being the three characters of the preferred language. The language option is offered in 10 different vernacular languages (English, Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali). If your Aadhaar, PAN, and bank account were submitted by your employer but not digitally approved, there’s a chance you won’t get a notice. In this case, you must contact your employer right away. When the message is successfully accepted, EPFO sends an SMS including the KYC document details, the most recent contribution, and the account balance.
EPF Passbook Balance Check Through Missed Call
The account holder must confirm that the KYC details have been linked and merged with the UAN before being allowed to see the account balance through missed calls. When the KYC has been successfully linked, make a missed call from your registered phone to 011-22901406 and an SMS with EPFO data will be sent to you shortly.
EPF Passbook Balance Check Through UMANG App
The EPFO account is also accessible through the UMANG app. To check your account balance on your app, follow these steps:
- Install the app on your smartphone;
- Choose EPFO from the app’s menu;
- Select ‘Employee Centric Service’.
- Enter the account holder’s UAN;
- An OTP is sent to the account holder’s registered mobile number;
- Enter the OTP you received to continue.
- Under the EPFO option, select ‘see passbook.’
There are 12 digits in UAN
The UAN is assigned to all subscribers by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
To check your UAN status, go here and fill out all of the required information before submitting it.
To access your EPF passbook read the above article.
The withdrawal of the total accumulated amount from the EPF account is not required. However, after three months of no donations, the account will not earn any additional interest.