Fastag Apply Online | Fastag Advantages | New Fastag Charges | Online Fastag Recharge | How Do I Refill My Fastag Balance
Fastag is one of the easiest methods through which you will be able to pay your toll tax without having to stop at the toll plaza every now and then. There are a lot of advantages that will be provided to you if you are using the Fastag instead of the traditional method of paying the toll tax every now and then and given below we are sharing the specifications of the procedure to Fastag Apply Online. We will also share with you all the specifications of the Advantages, Features & New Fastag Charges. We have also specified each and every detail related to the banks and the Fastag.
What is Fastag
The National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) FASTag system will help you to make electronic tooling more accessible. This is a unique electronic tolling solution for the Indian market. You can take into consideration nationwide toll payments by checking out the national payments corporation of India Fastag. Fastag is a device that uses radio frequency identification technology for making toll payments directly while the vehicle is in motion. This card is fixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and the customer will be able to make the toll payment directly from the prepaid account which is linked to their Fastag through this method now widely used in India. This method offers the convenience of cashless payments to all of the customers.
Features of Fastag
There are a lot of features and objectives available for the Fastag presented by NETC:-
- The main objective of this Fastag Technology provided by the Indian Government is to help secure a framework that enables the use of one particular thing across the whole country through which all of the residents can pay the toll plaza without having to worry about having the exact change.
- It will also increase transparency and efficiency in processing transactions related to Fastag.
- You can use this Fastag at any of the toll plazas present in your country.
- There will be the electronification of the retail payments of all types by using this Fastag.
- You can also reduce air pollution by reducing the congestion around the toll plaza.
- You will not have to wait in long lines in order to pay your toll tax.
- It will also reduce fuel consumption and cash handling, especially in these times of the covid-19 pandemic.
- You can also take into consideration the details related to your transactions and recharge them on your own mobile phone and do not have to visit your bank in order to get the most important information related to your past transactions.
Various Banks Offering Fastag
- Axis Bank Fastag
- ICICI Bank Fastag
- SBI Fastag
- KVB Fastag
- Indusind Bank Fastag
- Federal Bank Fastag
- HDFC Fastag
Working of Fastag
The working of the Fastag is specified in the pointers given below:-
- Whenever the vehicle passes through the ETC lane of the Toll Plaza, the Toll Plaza system captures the FASTag details like (Tag ID, TID, Vehicle class, etc.) and sends it to the Acquiring bank for processing.
- The Acquiring bank sends a request to the NETC Mapper to validate the tag details.
- Once the Tag ID is validated, NETC Mapper responds with details like Vehicle class, VRN, Tag Status etc. If the Tag ID is absent in NETC Mapper, it will respond that the Tag ID is not registered.
- After successful validation of Tag ID from NETC Mapper, the acquirer host calculates the appropriate toll fare and initiates a debit request to the NETC system.
- NETC System will switch the debit request to the respective issuer bank for debiting the account of the customer.
- The issuer host shall debit the linked tag holder account and send an SMS alert to the tag holder. The Issuer host shall send the response message to the NETC system. If the response is not sent within the defined TAT, the transaction is considered Deemed Accepted.
- NETC system will notify the response to the acquirer host.
- The acquirer host will notify to respective toll plaza system.
NETC FASTag Live Members
Given below is the list of banks which are providing Fastag through NETC:-
|Sr. No.||Member Banks||Issuer||Acquirer|
|1||Airtel Payments Bank||Yes||Yes|
|2||AU Small Finance Bank||Yes||No|
|3||Axis Bank Ltd||Yes||Yes|
|4||Bank of Baroda||Yes||No|
|5||Bank of Maharashtra||Yes||No|
|7||Central Bank of India||Yes||No|
|8||City Union Bank Ltd||Yes||No|
|10||Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank||Yes||No|
|11||Equitas Small Finance Bank||Yes||Yes|
|13||FINO Payments Bank||Yes||No|
|17||IDFC First Bank||Yes||Yes|
|19||Indian Overseas Bank||Yes||No|
|20||IndusInd Bank Ltd.||Yes||Yes|
|21||Jammu and Kashmir Bank||Yes||No|
|23||Karur Vysya Bank||Yes||Yes|
|24||Kotak Mahindra Bank||Yes||Yes|
|25||Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||Yes||No|
|26||PAYTM Payments Bank||Yes||Yes|
|27||*Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative Bank||Yes||No|
|28||Punjab National Bank||Yes||Yes|
|30||South Indian Bank||Yes||No|
|31||State Bank of India||Yes||Yes|
|33||The Jalgaon People Co-op Bank||Yes||No|
|34||Thrissur District Cooperative Bank (Kerala Bank)||Yes||No|
|36||Union Bank of India||Yes||No|
|37||Yes Bank Ltd||Yes||Yes|
Pricing of NETC Fastag
Charges applicable on FASTag Tag Joining Fee – 100 including all applicable taxes. Given below, we are sharing the other details of the one-time deposits:-
|NPCI Vehicle Class||Description||Minimum Recharge Amount||Refundable Security Deposit|
|4||Tata Ace and similar mini light Commercial vehicle (VC20)||200.00||200.00|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-Axle (VC5)||150.00||300.00|
|6||Bus 3-Axle (VC8)||300.00||400.00|
|6||Light Commercial vehicle 3-Axle (VC6)||300.00||400.00|
|6||Truck -3 Axle (VC11)||300.00||500.00|
|7||Bus 2-Axle (VC7)||300.00||400.00|
|7||Truck -2 Axle (VC10)||300.00||400.00|
|12||Truck -4 Axle (VC12)||300.00||500.00|
|12||Truck -5 Axle (VC13)||300.00||500.00|
|12||Truck -6 Axle (VC14)||300.00||500.00|
|15||Truck Multi Axle(7 and above) (VC15)||300.00||500.00|
|16||Earth Moving Machinery (VC16)||300.00||500.00|
|16||Heavy Construction Machinery (VC17)||300.00||500.00|
Fastag Apply Online
To apply for the Fastag you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official web page for the Fastag by clicking on the link given here and the homepage with all of the information related to the card will be displayed on your screen.
- Now you have to select your bank and the credentials related to the bank will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on the bank URL and the first page of that particular bank will be displayed on your screen.
- You need to enter your vehicle registration number and upload all of the details.
- You need to be successfully able to fill up the documents and the details of the application in order to get your card as soon as possible.
Check Fastag Status
If you want to check the Fastag status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of Fastag status by clicking on the link given here and the home page will be open on your screen.
- Two options will be displayed on your screen namely vehicle registration number and Fastag ID.
- Click on the option of your choice and enter the details.
- Enter the captcha code and click on check status.
- The status will be displayed on your screen.
- Second Floor, MTNL Building, Sector-19, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075, India
- Call at 1033
FAQs For Fastag
You need to visit any of the Point of Sale (PoS) locations at Toll Plazas / PoS outlets of the NETC Member Banks / their distribution agents/ their Sales offices.
The joining fees and the other fees for fast Track are Rupees hundred each but you will have to take into consideration a one time deposit.
You can share your queries on 1033.
You can easily recharge your Fastag online by visiting the official internet banking application of your preferred Bank account or you can also use your UPI application in order to recharge your Fastag.