A PAN card is a very important document for the Indian Tax payer. It also serves as proof of identity all across India and a PAN card is a very essential piece of the document when it comes to monetary transactions. You can also check your PAN number on e-Filing website. If you are here to find your PAN number, then you are at the right place. Finding a PAN number is very easy, quick, and hassle-free. In this article, we will explain to you the complete and detailed process of how to Find PAN Number By UID Aadhar, Name, DOB & Mobile Number
Find information about your Pan Card on the Income Tax website.
Know Your Pan Card Details
If you need to find out more information about your PAN card, then you need to register yourself on the official website of the Income Tax Department e-Filing website. By registering yourself you will the access to your PAN information, including your address. To register yourself on the E-filing website, please follow the mentioned steps carefully.
- Go to the e-Filing website of the Income Tax department.
- Select ‘Register Yourself’.
- If applicable, select your user type and click “Continue.”
- Fill in the blanks with your basic information.
- Complete the Registration Form and submit it.
- You will receive an OTP to the email address and mobile number you entered.
- Complete the registration procedure by entering the OTP.
- Go to the e-Filing website and log in to your account.
- Choose “Profile Settings”.
- Choose “My profile”.
Under “PAN details,” the following information will be displayed:
- PAN (Personal Identification Number)
- Assessee’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Assessee’s Address
- In addition, you can view your address and contact information in separate tabs.
Find Your PAN Number by Name and Date Of Birth
If you don’t know your PAN card number, the e-filing website can help you figure it out. You must enter your first and last name, as well as your date of birth.
Follow this procedure to get your PAN details based on your name and date of birth.
- Go to the e-Filing website and log in.
- Select “Know Your PAN“.
- Include the following information:
- Date of birth or date of incorporation in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Surname, middle name, and first name.
- Click submit after entering the Captcha Code that appears onscreen.
*Please note that the e-filing website’s ‘Know Your PAN‘ feature is no longer available, therefore the instructions above are no longer relevant.
The following are some of the outcomes that will be displayed.
- Number on your PAN Card
- First Name
- Middle name
Remarks. This section will tell you whether your card is active, inactive, or in any other state.
How to Find PAN Number By using a Mobile App
You may check the details of your app using the Indian PAN Card mobile app. You must follow the instructions outlined below:
- On your phone, download the PAN Card mobile app.
- Open the app and go to the bottom of the home page to ‘Know your PAN Details.’
- Fill in the required information, including your phone number.
- Your mobile number will then receive a One Time Password (OTP). In the box, enter the one-time password (OTP). ‘Submit’ should be selected.
- You will be able to see your PAN Card details, including your PAN Card number.
Find PAN Number By email
- Using the Email function, you can obtain information about your PAN. You must write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which is NSDL’s official email address, or email@example.com, which is UTIITSL’s official email address.
Find out when your Pan Card was issued
While the PAN card issue date is not required for any verification step, it is crucial to know where the PAN issue date is located on the card. The PAN issue date is located on the right bottom side of the PAN card, vertically. The dates aren’t divided in any way.
If the date of issue is 3/07/2017, for example, the date of issue will be written vertically as 03072017.
Find PAN Number by Toll-Free Number
You can obtain information about your PAN Card by dialing a toll-free number. The service is free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Call the Income Tax toll-free number 18001801961 or the NSDL toll-free number 1800 222 990 to get your PAN details.
Check Your PAN Status
Following the methods below, you can check the status of your PAN:
- Go to https://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward to get started.
- Give the coupon number of your application.
- You can provide your 10-digit PAN Number if you don’t remember your application coupon number.
- Input the date of incorporation, agreement, or date of birth.
- To check the status of your PAN Card, enter the captcha code provided.
- Then press the ‘Submit’ button. You will be able to monitor the status of your Pan.
Find PAN Status Without Acknowledgement Number
Without an Acknowledgement Number, you can find out what your PAN status is.
- Visit the NSDL website.
- First of all, choose ‘PAN-New/Change Request’ from the ‘Application Type’.
- Fill in your surname, first name, middle name, and birthdate.
- Select ‘Submit’. You’ll be able to see what your status is.
Find PAN Card Number by Date of Birth and Name
- Visit the official website for Income Tax E-filing.
- Select ‘Verify Your PAN Details’ from the ‘Quick Links menu.
- Fill up your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and PAN number.
- Choose the status as applicable.
- Enter the captcha code into the box.
- Choose the ‘Submit’ option.
- A new screen will emerge, stating that your PAN is active and that your details match those in the PAN database.
Find PAN Card Application Status through SMS service
3 days after submitting the PAN Card application form, you can check the progress of your application.
Send an SMS to 57575 with the text ‘NSDLPAN 15-digit acknowledgment number>’ to verify the status.
Check PAN Card Application Status through a Phone Call
Follow the procedures below to track the status of your PAN through a phone call:
- Call 020-27218080 for further information.
- Enter the Acknowledgement Number, which is 15 digits long.
- You will be able to obtain information about the status of your PAN.
Check PAN Card Application Status through Aadhaar number
- Go to https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/ePANStatus.html?lang=eng and click on the link.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, which is 12 digits long.
- Fill in the captcha code in the box.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button once you’ve input the captcha code.
- You’ll be able to check on the progress of your PAN Card application.
Check PAN Card Transaction Status
Follow the procedures below to check the status of your PAN Card transaction:
- Visit the official website
- Select ‘Track PAN Status’.
- Choose ‘PAN-New/Change Request’ from the ‘Application Type’.
- The 15-digit acknowledgment number should be entered here.
- Fill in the captcha code in the box.
- Select the ‘Submit Button.’
- You’ll be able to see the status of your PAN card transaction
Update Pan Card Details
- Open the official website www.tin-nsdl.com.
- The home page will appear.
- Select the PAN option under the services tab.
- Click on the Apply option.
- A new page will appear.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Click on the submit option.
- Now a new page will appear.
- Enter the scanned images after e sign.
- Now enter all the details to be filled in.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Tick mark the declaration and click on the submit option.
- Pay for the service using any appropriate method like demand draught, net banking or credit or debit card.
- After successful payment download the slip.
- Now send the acknowledgment slip along with all the necessary documents to the NSDL e-Gov after affixing two photographs on the space provided and cross-signing it.
- After completing the process, the applicant will receive the updated PAN card within 15 to 20 days.
PAN Card Application Via Offline Mode
The Department of Income Tax has also offered offline application services to the applicants. Applicants can follow the below-mentioned procedure to apply for a PAN card via offline mode
- The application for PAN card application can be obtained by visiting the respective TIN-Facilitation Centers, IT PAN Service Centers, PAN Centers or stationery vendors, you can also download the application form from the official website of the Income-tax Department.
- It is mandatory to fill out the application form in capital letters by using a black-ink pen.
- Only one letter will be filled in each and a blank box must be left after each word.
- PAN Card Applicants are required to stick two recent colored photographs in the space provided on the top of the form.
- A left-hand thumb impression or signature of the applicant must be placed across the photo on the left-hand side of the form.
- After that a full signature or left-hand thumb impressions should be provided in the box provided on the right-hand side of the application form.
- Attestation of Thumb impressions by any Magistrate, public notary or any gazetted government officer under his/her official seal and stamp is mandatory.
- The fee for PAN application for Indian residents is Rs. 110, whereas The processing fee for NRI is Rs. 1020. The same must be presented in the form of cash, cheque or DD at the counter during the submission of the application form.
It would take roughly 15-20 working days for your PAN Card to be issued once you complete the application form. The PAN card, on the other hand, can usually be obtained in two to three days.
For the time being, linking your Aadhaar to your PAN is required while filing an income tax return. When applying for a PAN card, you must provide documentation of the date of birth, and the Aadhaar card is recommended.
When you apply for a PAN card, you will be required to sign it digitally. The card will not be valid unless it is signed in person.