HDFC ATM Pin Generation | HDFC ATM Pin generation charges | HDFC ATM Pin Generate Online via SMS | HDFC Pin Reset
Users can now generate their HDFC ATM Pins instantly rather than waiting for the ATM Pin mailer with scratch panels to arrive. HDFC has implemented the Green Pin option, which allows HDFC bank customers to quickly generate or change their ATM PINs. There are several ways to generate your HDFC credit card PIN and activate your HDFC credit card like Internet banking, Mobile Banking, Customer Service, SMS, etc. However, Net Banking or Mobile Banking is the most convenient way to generate HDFC Bank ATM / Debit card pins. Read below to check the detailed information related to HDFC ATM Pin Generation like Objectives, Methods of HDFC ATM Pin Generation, and much more.
HDFC ATM Pin Generation – Comprehensive Details
If you just got an HDFC credit card, you’ll need to create a 4-digit PIN to activate it and use it for online and ATM transactions. When a new credit card is issued, HDFC Bank generally offers a new credit card PIN. It sends a GREEN PIN OTP to your registered phone number or a physical PIN to your registered mailing address. To support the Go Green action, HDFC Bank began sending the Personal Identification Number (PIN) for ATM/debit cardholders via SMS rather than sending a physical copy through the mail. Within 48 hours of applying for it, the client gets a One Time Password (OTP) on their registered mobile number. The customer can generate a PIN at any HDFC ATM using this OTP. Users of HDFC can generate or change their ATM pin in a matter of minutes.
Objectives of HDFC ATM Pin Generation
HDFC used to send PIN mailers to its customers, which concealed the PIN with scratch panels on debit and credit cards. This traditional system was replaced by the new one known as Green PIN, which has made the process of creating new PINs or changing existing PINs more efficient, easy, and straightforward for users. Furthermore, this approach minimizes security issues and encourages the use of digital banking. As a result, the PIN generation system is important.
Methods of HDFC ATM Pin Generation
There are various methods for HDFC ATM Pin Generation is as follows:
- Net Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Customer Service
Steps to Generate ATM Pin through Net Banking
To generate ATM Pin through Net Banking, the User needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, login to your HDFC Net Banking by entering your registered User Name and Password
- The dashboard of your account will open on the screen
- Click on the Card Pin option from the main menu
- Now, under Debit Card PIN section, click on the Generate PIN option
- After that, select the debit card
- Now, enter your 16 digit number along with CVV code
- Then enter the grid number mentioned on the backside of your card and click on the Generate OTP button
- Once you will click on the Generate OTP button, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Now, enter the received 4 digits OTP in the specified space
- After that click on the Submit button
- Now, finally, enter your new PIN and you will receive the Pin generation confirmation on your screen as well as on your registered mobile number and the registered email id
Steps to Generate ATM Pin through Mobile Banking
To generate ATM Pin through Mobile Banking, the User needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, login to your HDFC Mobile Banking by entering your registered User Name and Password
- The dashboard of your account will open on the mobile screen
- Now click on the Cards tab followed by the Debit cards option
- After that, select the Instant Pin Generation under the Request tab
- Now, enter your Debit card number
- After that, set a new 4-digit Debit Card PIN
- Now an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP in the specified space for verification
- After successful verification, your ATM Pin will be generated.
Steps to Generate ATM Pin through ATM
To generate ATM Pin through the ATM, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, visit any HDFC bank ATM branch
- Now, insert your ATM card in the ATM
- Now, click on the Pin Generation option
- After that, enter your 11 digit HDFC Bank account number and confirm it
- Now, enter your registered Mobile Number and confirm it
- After that, Your Green Pin will be shortly delivered to your registered Mobile Number message will be displayed on the screen
- You will receive a green pin or OTP on your registered mobile number
- Now, click on the Banking Menu followed by the Pin change option
- Enter the received OTP or Green Pin
- Finally, enter your ATM pin and confirm the pin
Steps to Generate ATM Pin through SMS
To generate ATM Pin through the SMS, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, Send the SMS to 567676 from your registered mobile number in the below-given format:
- PIN ABCD PQRS
- ABCD is the last four digits of your ATM card number
- PQRS is the last four digits of your HDFC Bank account number
- Once the SMS is sent, an OTP will be sent to you on your registered Mobile Number
- Now, use the received OTP i.e., One Time Password to generate your ATM Pin
Steps to Generate ATM Pin through Customer Service
To generate ATM Pin through the Customer Service, the User needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, the user must have the HDFC Account Number, ATM card Number, Customer Id, and TIN (Telephone Identification Number) before calling Customer care
- Now, Call HDFC toll free customer care using your registered mobile number
- After that, select your preferred language
- Then, select the ATM and Prepaid Card Services option
- Now, choose the option to generate Green PIN
- Now enter your debit card number and confirm your debit card number
- After that, enter the Account number linked with the debit card and confirm it.
- Once you confirm all the required details, SMS with OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number with the validity of two days
- Visit the nearest HDFC ATMs to generate your debit card PIN within 2 days
Regenerate HDFC ATM Pin through Net Banking
- Go to the HDFC net banking official website.
- Now login with your details.
- After that click on the cards option and select the debit card option.
- Now hit the pin generation option under the request menu.
- Enter the debit card number and continue.
- Now select a reason for regeneration and confirm it.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now visit your nearest HDFC ATM and put your ATM inside the machine.
- Now select the Create a new ATM PIN using the One Time Password option.
- Enter the OTP received and click on the ok option.
- Enter your registered mobile number and hit ok option.
- Now enter the four digit new pin of your choice and confirm it .
Steps to activate the HDFC ATM Pin
When you generate your ATM card PIN, your HDFC credit card will be activated. To activate your credit card, use it for online purchases or an ATM withdrawal after you’ve set a new PIN. However, if you face any problems using your card, contact HDFC customer service and report the problem.
PIN stands for Personal Identification Number, and it’s a four-digit number that allows you to access your account information and perform other tasks at an ATM.
There are various methods to generate HDFC ATM Pin like through internet banking, Mobile Banking, Customer Service, sending an SMS, etc
Yes, customers also have the option of changing their HDFC ATM Pin online via internet banking.
You can get the HDFC ATM PIN from your phone by sending an SMS or calling customer service. You can also generate an ATM PIN using your net banking or mobile app.