Kisan Credit Card Scheme Apply Online | KCC Online Registration Form | Kisan Credit Card Scheme Interest Rate | Kisan Credit Card Scheme Eligibility
The Kisan Finance Card plan or Kisan Credit Card Scheme is a government of India initiative that gives farmers access to credit on a timely basis. NABARD introduced the Kisan Loans Card (KCC) initiative in 1998 with the goal of providing farmers with short-term formal credit (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development).
Kisan Credit Card Scheme
The KCC plan was created to ensure that farmers in the agriculture, fishery, and animal husbandry sectors have access to loans. This was accomplished by assisting them in obtaining short-term loans and providing them with a credit limit for the purchase of equipment as well as other expenses.
Furthermore, farmers who use KCC are spared from the exorbitant interest rates associated with traditional bank loans, while the interest rate for KCC starts at 2% and averages at 4%. Farmers can repay their loans using this system based on the harvesting season of the crop for which the loan was granted.
Kisan Credit Card Scheme Features & Benefits
- Farmers are rewarded for completing their financial obligations related to agriculture and related operations, as well as post-harvest expenses.
- Credit for agricultural needs such as dairy animals, pump sets, and so on.
- Farmers can get up to Rs.3 lakh in loans, as well as crop marketing loans.
- In the event of permanent incapacity or death, KCC programme members are covered up to Rs.50,000 in insurance coverage. In case of other hazards, a cover of Rs.25,000 is given.
- Flexible repayment choices and a simple payout procedure are available.
- In addition to the Kisan Credit Card, eligible farmers will receive a savings account with a competitive interest rate, as well as a smart card and a debit card.
- All agricultural and ancillary needs can be met with a single credit facility/term loan.
- Assistance with fertiliser, seed, and other purchases, as well as obtaining monetary discounts from merchants/dealers.
- Credit is offered for up to three years, with repayment possible once the harvest season is through.
- For loans up to Rs.1.60 lakh, no collateral will be required.
Kisan Credit Card Interest and Other Fees
- The interest rate on the KCC, as well as its credit limit, varies from one bank to the next. KCC’s interest rate, on the other hand, might be as low as 2% and as high as 4%.
- In addition, the government provides specific interest rate subsidies and programmes to farmers. These would be determined by the cardholder’s payback history and overall credit history.
- Other costs and expenses, such as processing fees, insurance premiums (if applicable), land mortgage deed charges, and so on, will be determined at the issuing bank’s discretion.
KCC Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The following are the KCC scheme’s eligibility requirements:
- Any farmer who cultivates his or her own land.
- People who are joint debtors and belong to a group. Owner-cultivators must make up most of the group.
- The KCC is open to sharecroppers, tenant farmers, and oral lessees.
- Sharecroppers, farmers, tenant farmers, and others form self-help groups (SHGs) or joint liability groups (JLGs).
- Farmers engaged in crop cultivation or related activities such as animal husbandry, as well as non-farm occupations like fishing.
Fisheries and Animal Husbandry Beneficiaries
- Fish farmers, fishermen, SHGs, JLGs, and women’s groups work in inland fisheries and aquaculture. You must own or lease any fisheries-related activity as a beneficiary like owning or leasing a pond, an open water body, a tank, or a hatchery.
- Fisheries in the Sea: You own a registered boat or another type of fishing vessel, as well as the appropriate licences and permits for fishing in estuaries and the sea.
- Poultry:Individual farmers or joint borrowers, SHGs, JLGs, and tenant farmers who own, rent, or lease sheds for sheep, rabbits, goats, pigs, birds.
- Dairy:Farmers, SHGs,dairy farmers, JLGs, and tenant farmers who own, lease, or rent sheds are all considered dairy farmers.
Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
Documents Required for KCC Loan Application
- The application form that has been filled out and signed.
- Copy of an identity document, such as an Aadhaar card, a PAN card, a voter ID card, or a driver’s licence.
- A copy of an address proof document such as an Aadhaar card, a PAN card, a voter ID card, or a driver’s licence is required. To be valid, the documentation must include the applicant’s current address.
- Documents pertaining to land.
- A photo of the applicant the size of a passport.
- Other documentation requested by the issuing bank, such as a security PDC.
The Kisan Credit Card Scheme Application Process
The Kisan credit card application process can be completed both online and offline.
- To apply for the Kisan credit card plan, go to the website of the bank you want to apply with.
- Choose the Kisan Credit Card from the list of alternatives.
- The website will send you to the application page if you select the ‘Apply‘ option.
- Click ‘Submit’ after filling out the form with the relevant information.
- An application reference number will be sent as a result of this.
- If you are eligible, the bank will contact you within 3-4 working days to begin the procedure.
Offline applications can be completed by visiting your preferred bank’s branch or downloading the application form from the bank’s website. With the assistance of a bank representative, the applicant can visit the branch and begin the application procedure. Once the paperwork is completed, the bank’s loan officer can assist the farmer with the loan amount.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
The Indian government introduced the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme, which allows all farmers to receive income support of up to Rs.6,000 per year. This program was conceived and announced as part of India’s 2019 Interim Union Budget.
Following the announcement of Budget 2020, the government is now working to make institutional finance more available to all of our country’s farmers. This is accomplished by combining the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) and Kisan Samman Nidhi schemes. A Kisan Credit Card is now available to all Kisan Samman Nidhi beneficiaries.
Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Loans’Longer Repayment Period
The majority of Indian banks that offer Kisan Credit Card (KCC) loans are asking for a lengthier loan repayment period. This has been proposed because the agriculture sector is under a lot of stress. The Kisan Credit Card scheme’s lending cycle has been proposed to be extended to 36 or 48 months, rather than the current 12 months. This was recommended at a West Bengal state-level bankers’ consultation meeting.
In addition to extending loan payback terms, banks have requested that farmers be permitted to take out more loans even if they have defaulted on earlier loans. However, they need to service the interest in order to do so. On the basis of the Department of Financial Services’ directives, public sector banks have begun a three-stage consultation process.
The consultation process will primarily focus on nine major concerns. Credit to SMEs and agribusiness, digital banking, direct welfare transfers, and education loans are just a few examples. The previous gathering had been an intra-bank gathering. This time, though, the gathering will be a state-level inter-bank meeting.
Get Kisan Credit Card Through PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
You can apply for a KCC Loan under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme by following the steps below:
First of all, complete a one-page form, found on the websites of all commercial banks.
In addition to extending loan payback terms, banks have requested that farmers be permitted to take out more loans even if they have defaulted on earlier loans. They must, however, service the interest in order to do so. On the basis of the Department of Financial Services’ directives, public sector banks have begun a three-stage consultation process.
Top 10 Fastest Instant Loan App
Customer Service for Kisan Credit Cards
You can always contact the Kisan Credit Card Customer Care if you have any questions or complaints about KCC.
How to Check the Balance on a Kisan Credit Card
You can get a Kisan Credit Card from any bank that issues them, and the application procedure is now done online. To check your Kisan Credit Card balance, contact the customer service department of the bank where you obtained the Kisan Credit Card. You can also use the website to check the balance of your Kisan Credit Card by logging into the bank’s portal.
Crop loans give farmers the credit they need to meet their working capital requirements. KCC is a sort of crop loan offered by banks. The KCC loan, on the other hand, can be utilized for a variety of purposes other than working capital.
This certificate has a 5-year validity duration. The amount of time you have depends on what you plan to do with the money.
You must be at least 18 years old and no older than 75 years old. If you are a senior citizen, having a co-borrower who is a legal heir is required.
The interest rate will be set at the bank’s discretion. According to a KCC circular dated April 20, 2012, the interest rate on short-term credit is 7% p.a., with a maximum principal amount of Rs.3 lakh.
For the first year, the credit ceiling on a KCC Loan Scheme is determined by:
Crops are grown in accordance with the anticipated financial size and cropping pattern.
Consumption requirements for households and post-harvest.
Crop insurance, farm assets, Asset Insurance, and Personal Accident Insurance Scheme (PAIS) upkeep costs