Legal Heir Certificate Apply Online | Legal Heir Certificate Application Form | Legal Heir Certificate Download Format | Legal Heir Certificate Check Status
Transferring the property of a deceased person into your name can be a tough task but it can be simplified if you are applying for the Surviving Member Certificate. The residents of India can now download the official PDF form for the heir certificate and then you will have to fill out the application form and successfully submit it to the concerned authorities in order to transfer the funds in your name. Given below, we are sharing the details of the Legal Heir Certificate Application Form. We will also share with you all the specifications of the Download Format & Check Status. Make sure to fill out the application form presented in the PDF in order to get the certificate quickly.
Legal Heir Certificate
A Legal heir Certificate is required when your loved one dies without mentioning any information regarding the will so if you need to transfer their assets in your name then you will have to get a Surviving Member Certificate or a surviving member certificate. Both of the certificates are the same and they are required in order to help you to transfer the assets of the deceased person including property, money in the bank account, and other assets to your name. This certificate will prove that you are indeed the heir of the person who has died. This certificate is required to establish a relationship between the deceased and the legal heirs.
City Union Bank Account Opening Form
Need For Surviving Member Certificate
There are a lot of scenarios in which you will require a legal heir certificate and given below we are specifying some scenarios:-
- For transferring properties and assets of the demised person to his successors.
- Claiming insurance.
- For sanctioning and processing the family pension of the deceased employee.
- To receive dues such as provident fund, gratuity, etc. from the government
- Receive salary arrears of the deceased, state or central government employee.
- To gain employment based on compassionate appointments.
The applicant applying for the Surviving Member Certificate must do so in a particular scenario as mentioned above
- Spouse of the deceased.
- Children of the deceased (son/ daughter).
- Parents of the deceased.
Central Bank of India Account Opening Form
The following documents must be submitted to obtain the legal heir certificate without any problem:-
- Signed application form.
- Identity/Address proof of the applicant.
- Identity Proof of Applicant can be voter’s ID, Aadhaar Card Driving License, Passport or any other government-issued identity card.
- Death certificate of the deceased.
- Date of Birth proof of all legal heirs.
- Date of birth proof of legal heir can be a birth certificate, school transfer/leaving certificate, PAN card, passport, etc.
- A self-undertaking affidavit.
- Address proof of the deceased.
- Address proof of legal heir can be any valid identity proof or telephone/mobile bill, gas bill, bank passbook with the name and address of the legal heir
How To Apply For Legal Heir Certificate?
- You can get the legal heir certificate from the district code.
- You can also apply for the Surviving Member Certificate online in some states of India. However, you will be required to visit the district magistrate’s office for verification and the submission of documents physically.
- Click on the link given here to download the official PDF of the application form for legal heir certificate
- It will take around 1 to 2 months to get the legal heir certificate after you have submitted the application form with the physical documents in the district magistrate’s office.
- An official from the district magistrate’s office will visit your home for verification purposes.
- Two neighbors will have to perform as witnesses along with their ID and address proof for verification purposes.
- All of the information related to your certificate will be sent to your email ID or mobile number.
- There is no particular fee that you need to submit in order to get your legal heir certificate.
FAQs For Legal Heir Certificate
All the married and unmarried daughters can apply for the legal heir certificate without any problem because they are technically descendants of their parents.
Yes. If the second wife is legally married under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, she is considered the wife of the deceased and is the legal heir of the deceased. The second wife is legally married when the first marriage is dissolved through an order of divorce or the first wife is dead. However, the children from the first wife will also be considered legal heirs of the deceased along with the children of the second wife.
Yes, you can apply for the Surviving Member Certificate because you are biologically the children of your parents even if they were not married.
It will take around 1 to 2 months for the legal heir certificate to be completely ready from the time that you have submitted your application form to the district magistrate’s office.