Link Aadhaar Card To Pan Card By Mobile Number | Link Aadhaar to PAN Through SMS | Income Tax Portal
The Income Tax Department has made it very clear that every individual with an Income Tax profile must have their KYC updated successfully, and the linking of Aadhaar with PAN Online or through SMS has been made necessary; failure to do so would result in penalties when filing their Income Tax returns. The article will tell you about the process How to Link Aadhaar Card To Pan Card
There is also a messaging approach for linking your Aadhar card number and PAN number for the Income Tax Department. Simply use the option below to send an SMS using your registered mobile phone to link your official KYC.
Link Aadhaar to PAN Through SMS
By sending an SMS, you can link your Aadhaar number to your PAN number.
Using your registered mobile number, open your message box.
Select New Message. After that, you need to type as per the pattern mentioned below.
[UID PAN 12 digit Aadhaar No. PAN No.]
Send this message to the free number 567678 or 56161.
Income Tax PAN and Aadhaar Link SMS Format
|Message Format to Link PAN &Aadhaar||SMS Send To|
|UID AXXXX11XX 1234XXXXYYYY|
AXXXX11XX is your PAN Number
1234XXXXYYYY is your Aadhaar Number
|567678 or 56161|
Make sure you have a minimum amount in your account. As SMS charges will be applied to this communication, you will be charged a minimum amount. Once the validation is complete, the modified successful message can be delivered as a return SMS.
Link Aadhaar Card To Pan Card through Online Process
By going on to the income tax e-filing system, you can link your Aadhaar number to your PAN. You can do it on the income tax porta in two ways.
1. Without logging into your account (which is a 2 step process)
2. Logging into your account (which is a 6 step process)
Without Logging into Your Account
- First of all, go to the income tax website i.e www.incometax.gov.in.
- On scrolling down the home page, click on the ‘Our Services’ tab.
- Enter the following details:
- Aadhaar number
- Name as specified on the Aadhaar card and
- Mobile number
- If your Aadhaar card has only your year of birth mentioned on it, then click the box that says “I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card.”
- Now you need to Tic the box that says, “I agree to validate my Aadhaar details”. To continue with the Aadhaar linking process, you must check this box.
- After that Continue.
- Your cell number will be sent a 6-digit One Time Password. You need to type this OTP on the verification page.
- Click the ‘Validate’ button after entering the OTP.
By Logging into Your Account
- If you haven’t already registered on the income tax e-filing portal, you need to register first.
- Enter your User ID and password into the Income Tax Department’s e-Filing system.
- Enter your password and confirm your secure access message. To continue, click the ‘continue’ button.
- After login in, select ‘Link Aadhaar‘ .
- Alternatively, go to My Profile and select ‘Link Aadhaar‘ from the ‘Personal Details’ option.
- Enter information such as your name, date of birth, and gender, which will already be filled based on the information you provided when you registered for the e-Filing portal. Enter your Aadhaar number and name exactly as it appears on your Aadhaar card. Now you need to just compare the detais present on the screen to the details that are mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
- Selecting the check box “I agree to validate my Aadhaar details” is required to express your consent.
- If your Aadhaar card only has your year of birth, click the box that says “I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card.”
- Select the ‘Link Aadhaar‘ option.
- Step 6: You will see a pop-up notification confirming that your Aadhaar number has been linked to your PAN card successfully.
Is It Necessary To Update Your Aadhaar Card With Your PAN Number?
It is obligatory to update the Aadhaar number with the PAN number, according to government directives and the Income Tax Department. Aadhaar is a mandatory Know Your Customer (KYC) document for everyone. This contains the majority of their information, and it must be linked to a primary Income Tax profile.
Your PAN number must be linked to your bank account. A PAN number is required for any primary cash deposit or withdrawal of more than 50,000 Rs.
You get this type of message because your PAN and Aadhaar numbers don’t match. Justconfirm the accuracy of details such as your name, date of birth, and phone number.
For the purpose of filing your income tax return, you must provide your Aadhaar number. You must quote the Aadhaar enrolment number if you do not have an Aadhaar number.
An Aadhaar number can only be obtained by a resident Indian. An NRI does not need to apply for Aadhaar or link their PAN to it.