Track UAN EPF Claim Status | Online PF Claim Status | Check EPF Claim Status | Track UAN EPF Claim Status via SMS
Online PF Claim Status
Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a government-sponsored savings plan designed to help employees fund their retirement obligations. The government employees’ version of EPF is the General Provident Fund (GPF). The EPF or GPF is usually referred to as simply ‘PF.’Both the employee and the employer contribute to the PF system on a monthly basis. Employees should contribute at least 12% of their basic wage as a minimum contribution. The same amount is also required by the employer to contribute. Further PF Claim Status details are given below.
To withdraw money from your PF account, you must submit a request to the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). The EPFO is a government-run organization that reports to the Ministry of Labor and Employment. You may not know the status of your request for PF Withdrawal after you submit it. To address this issue, the EPFO has implemented an online system that allows you to check the status of your request
PF Claim Status in Detail
After applying to withdraw their EPF money, employees will be able to verify the progress of their claim with the PF. Since the EPFO introduced the Universal Account Number (UAN), withdrawing EPF funds has been simple, and the process may be performed online. Employees must, however, activate their UAN before they can claim their EPF amount online. The EPFO portal can be used to complete the activation process.
Employees must have access to the following information in order to examine the status of their claim:
- Details of the Company
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Extension code so long as it needs to be provided
- Employer’s EPF Regional Office
For the fiscal year 2020-21, the government has chosen to keep the EPF interest rate at 8.5 percent.
EPF Claim Forms
If you want to take money out of your EPF account, you must first determine if the reason or scenario for which you wish to take money fits the eligibility criteria for making a partial or full withdrawal. If you meet the requirements, the next step is to complete the claim form. The EPF Withdrawal Forms vary depending on the cause for withdrawal, your age, and whether or not you are currently employed.
All you need now is your Aadhaar number and an active UAN Account to submit the withdrawal form.
- If you are withdrawing owing to unemployment, wish to take an EPF advance, or have left the establishment due to physical incapacity and are under the age of 58, you must complete the Composite Form.
- If you wish to fund your LIC policy, you’ll need to fill out Form 14.
- And if you’re applying as a nominee, you’ll need to fill out Form 28 and Form 10D if the deceased served for ten years. You must fill out the Composite Form if the deceased did not complete 10 years of service.
Pre-Conditions to Check EPF Claim Status Online
The following information should be available to you in order to determine the status of your claim. Keep the documents and information on hand, and then use the steps below to verify the status of your claim online.
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- EPF regional office of your employer
- Employer details
- Extension code (if relevant)
Different Methods to Check PF Claim Status
Employees will be able to verify the status of claims using one of the methods listed below:
- Checking the Claim Status Online
- Through Missed Call
- By sending an SMS
- By using the UMANG App
Check PF Claim Status through Missed Call
Employees can verify the status of their claim through Miss Call. All they need to do is just give a miss call at 011-22901406 from the registered cellphone number and leave a message. The employee must, however, link their cell phone to their UAN. On the UANportal, the employee must also update his or her Aadhaar, Permanent Account Number (PAN), and bank account information. Since the call is disconnected after two rings, the employee is not charged. The claim details will be sent to the registered mobile number through SMS.
Check PF Claim Status through SMS
Employees can send an SMS to check the status of their claim. The employee must connect their phone to the UAN site and send the SMS from that phone number. The SMS must be in the format “EPFOHOUAN LAN” and sent to 7738299899. The ‘LAN’ in the format refers to the language in which the employee would prefer to receive the information.
The table below shows the languages and codes in which the SMS function is available:
PF Claim Status through UMANG App
Employees can also use the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app to check various facts about their PF, such as the balance available, claim status, and so on. The UMANG app, which is accessible on both iOS and Android devices, must be downloaded. The following is a step-by-step guide to using the UMANG App to track your PF claim:
- From the Play Store or App Store, download and Install UMANG App. After then, log in to your EPFO account and choose between two options: ‘MPIN’ or ‘Login with OTP.’ Choose your desired choice after entering your phone number.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number if you select ‘Login with OTP.’ To log in to your account, type it in the box given.
- Click ‘Login’ after you’ve input your OTP.
- You will be taken to the EPFO Portal’s home page once you check in.
- Now select ‘Employee Centric Services’.
- After that, pick ‘Track Claim’ to be redirected to a page where you can check the status of your claim.
- This page displays the status of your claim. If you have no claims, the screen will look as shown below. However, if you have any claims, the screen will display the claim status in detail.
The following are some of the services offered on the UMANG app:
- Passbook can be viewed
- Claims status can be checked
- Claims can be raised
- Location of the EPFO office can be searched
- PF claims can be checked
- Establishments can be searched
- Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN) status can be acquired
Process to Check PF Claim Status Online
The procedure for checking the status of your EPF withdrawal claim is as follows.
- First of all you need to visit the official website of EPFO.
- On the home page click on ‘Our Services‘ option.
- In the drop down menu click on ‘For Employees‘ option.
- Select ‘Know Your Claim Status‘ under Service option.
- A new page will open. Now fill in your UAN and the captcha image. After that click on ‘Search’ option.
- After that you need to fill in the following information.
- Input the current situation of your PF office.
- From the drop-down option, choose your PF Office.
- Enter the code for your business.
- Enter the account number for your Provident Fund.
- Finally in order to check the progress of your PF claim, click the ‘Submit’ option.
The EPFO informs employees who have applied for a PF withdrawal amount via SMS sent to their registered mobile number in order to assist them. When the following conditions apply, an SMS is delivered to the employee:
- Once the claim application has been received.
- Once the funds are in the employee’s bank account.
Employees can also access their UAN site to track the status of their claims. The following is the procedure for logging into the EPFO portal:
- Employees must first log in to the EPFO portal to access the UAN portal.
- Employees must provide their UAN, password, and captcha information and press sign in option.
- After logging into the UAN portal, the employee must go to the ‘Online Services’ section and click on ‘Track Claim Status.’
- The details of the “Online Claim Status” will be presented on the screen on the next page.
- The details of “Transfer Claim Status” will appear on the screen once you scroll down.
SMS Alerts from EPFO
If a cellphone number has been attached to the account, the EPFO also sends alerts by SMS to the claimant’s benefit. In the following two cases, the SMS is sent.
- When the claim application is received.
- When the funds are transferred to the claimant’s bank account.
Different Options For Submitting the Claim Form
Both online and offline PF claim forms are available. Online submissions are available for non-refundable PF advances, pension withdrawal benefits, and the Composite Claim Form. The UAN must, however, be linked to the member’s bank account information, Permanent Account Number (PAN), and Aadhaar number. Offline filing is possible for all sorts of claims forms.
You can access your EPF account by entering your 12-digit UAN number and password on the EPFO website. Alternatively, you can use the UAN portal to log in.
Your EPF claim has been processed by the department and funds have been deposited to your bank account.
No, in order to withdraw EPF for being unemployed, you must have been unemployed for more than three months.
The amount of time spent in service determines EPF eligibility, which varies by condition.
Your PF claim may be denied for a variety of reasons. Some of the most well-known are:
UAN is not linked to Aadhaar.
Incorrect bank account information
Incorrect date of birth, incomplete KYC, or failure to meet the prerequisites for withdrawal from the EPF.
To withdraw EPF, you will need to provide documentary evidence.
No, the most recent amendments have eliminated the necessity to obtain employer clearance before filing EPF claims.
Yes, Aadhaar is required to submit an online claim.
Form 10C is for pension withdrawals, and Form 19 is for Provident Fund withdrawals.
No, employers are not allowed to lower their EPF contributions. Employers who lower their contribution are breaking the law.
The three sorts of claims that PF members can apply for with the employer’s attestation are Form 31, Form 10C, and Form 19. The member’s Universal Account Number (UAN) must, however, be activated. The member’s bank account and Aadhaar number must also be linked to the UAN, and both must be approved by the employer using a Digital Certificate Signature.
In today’s world, the average time it takes to settle an EPF claim is ten days. It may take a little longer if the claim is made through an offline manner. In addition, the settlement of a grievance redressal management claim takes about 15 days.
The following are the various types of forms that can be used to obtain claim benefits:
Composite Claim Form: Withdrawal benefits, Advances, and Final settlements are all handled using the Composite Claim Form.
Form 10D: Form 10D is used to apply for a pension.
Form 2:Form 2 is used to nominate family members.
10C: Form 10 C is used for the Scheme Certificate
Form 13:Form 13 is used to transfer a PF account from one employer to another.
Form 11:Form 11 is used for the Past Service Declaration
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) portal (http://epfigms.gov.in/) will allow members to file grievances. They might also express their dissatisfaction to the Regional PF Commissioner.
No, a pensioner’s widow and children can only withdraw their pension from the same bank and location.
When an EPF employee has not updated the status of your claim, the ‘Not Available’ status is displayed. The majority of the time, it’s due to a technical issue. As a result, you may maintain track of your claim for a while and, if the situation persists, you can make a complaint on the EPFO website.