The Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi has launched a scheme called the PM Svanidhi Scheme in which micro-credit facilities will be provided to the street vendors so that they can start their business which was earlier shut down due to the prevailing conditions of Corona in the country. The yojana will prove to be very beneficial for the Vendors, hawkers, rehriwala, thelewala, theli phadwala, etc. All the other information related to the PM Svanidhi Scheme has been provided below. Kindly go through the article and collect all information related to the scheme
PM Svanidhi Scheme
PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbharNidhi PM SVANidhi Scheme aims to provide up to 50 lakh street vendors with one-year collateral-free working capital loans of up to INR10, 000 to assist them to restart their enterprises in metropolitan regions, including peri-urban and rural areas. This scheme was introduced by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. The aim of this Scheme is to empower street vendors by providing them with loans as well as holistic development and economic upliftment.
Street vendors are an important part of the urban informal economy, as they ensure that goods and services are available at reasonable prices at the doorsteps of city people. Vendors, hawkers, rehriwala, thelewala, theliphadwala, and other terms are used to describe them.
Highlights of PM Svanidhi Scheme
Some key highlights from PM Svanidhi Scheme are mentioned below:
- Vendors who departed due of the COVID-19 lockout will be eligible for a credit under the government-sponsored plan, according to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Applying for a loan under the plan has become much easier, as one can now easily upload the application online without having to go to a bank or any other common service center.
- Banks have also been visiting people’s homes as part of the scheme to provide loans to assist them launch their businesses.
- PM Modi praised the hard work of bank employees, saying that whereas street sellers used to avoid going to the bank, banks are now coming to their houses.
Benefits of PM Svanidhi Yojana
The PM SVANidhi Scheme provides incentives in the form of:
- Interest subsidy of 7% per annum on timely loan repayment.
- Cashback of up to INR1200/- per annum on completing prescribed digital transactions; and
- Qualify for a larger loan tranche in the future
This scheme has received about 2 million applications, 752191 of which have been approved, and 218751 loans have already been given.
PM Svanidhi Scheme Portal
A digital platform with a mobile app and website has been built for administering the PM-SVANIDhi Scheme for an end-to-end solution to ensure speedy implementation with transparency, accountability, and uniformity. The effectiveness of the government initiative has also been aided by the participation of urban local governments.
The program is a Central Sector Program, which means it is wholly supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and has the following goals:
- Make a working capital loan of up to $10,000 more accessible
- Encourage timely repayment; and
- Reward digital transactions.
The strategy will help to legitimize street sellers in order to achieve the above goals, as well as provide new opportunities for this sector to advance up the economic ladder.
PRE-APPLICATION STEPS for PMSvanidhi Scheme
To assist street sellers in preparing for the application procedure, simple pre-application steps have been listed. Street vendors can apply online through the PM SVANidhi site or at a nearby Common Service Centre (CSC).
- Recognize the prerequisites for loan applications.
- Ensure that your phone number is linked to your Aadhaar card.
- Check your eligibility according to the scheme’s rules.
The PM SVANidhi webpage has extensive rules for the plan to assist street vendors and other stakeholders including urban bodies, states, and lenders in ensuring that benefits are delivered to the scheme’s beneficiaries.
Eligibility Criteria for PMSvanidhi Scheme
The following criteria will be used to determine whether vendors are eligible:
- The Scheme is open to all street vendors in metropolitan areas who start hawking on or before March 24, 2020.
- Street sellers who have been identified in the survey but have not been issued a Certificate of Vending / Identity Card by Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
- Street vendors recognized in the survey but have not been issued a Certificate of Vending / Identity Card by ULBs.
The IT-based platform would generate a provisional Certificate of Vending for such suppliers. ULBs are advised to give permanent Certificates of Vending and Identification Cards to such vendors quickly and positively within a month.
- Street Vendors who were not included in the ULB identification survey or who began vending after the survey was completed and received a Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from the ULB / Town Vending Committee (TVC); and
- Vendors from adjacent development/peri-urban/rural areas who sell inside the ULBs’ geographical boundaries and who have received a Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from the ULB / TVC to that effect.
Eligibility Criteria for States/UT’s
Only those States/UTs that have notified Rules and Schemes under the Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014 are eligible for the Scheme.
However, residents of Meghalaya, which has its own State Street Vendors Act, are eligible to participate.
Data in Public Domain
The Ministry’s, State Government’s, and ULBs’ websites, as well as a Web Portal built for the purpose, will publish a list of identified street sellers by UT, State, and ULB.
Details about the Product
Urban street sellers will be able to apply with a one-year term and monthly payments for a Working Capital (WC) loan of up to $10,000 The lending institutions will not require any collateral for this loan. Vendors will be eligible for the next cycle of the working capital loans with a higher ceiling if they repay on time or early. Vendors will not charge a prepayment penalty if the payment is made before the due date.
PM Svanidhi Scheme Rate of Interest
The rate of interest for Scheduled Commercial Banks, Small Finance Banks (SFBs), Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), Cooperative Banks, and SHG (self-help groups) Banks will be the same as their current rates.
The interest rates for Non-Banking Financial Companies-Micro Finance Institutions (NBFC-MFIs), Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), and other non-banking financial companies will be determined by the RBI guidelines for each lender type. The interest rates for MFIs (non-NBFC) and other lender types that are not covered by the RBI recommendations will be applied to the degree that the RBI rules for NBFC-MFIs apply.
Application for Loan under PM Svanidhi Scheme
Street sellers must visit a Banking Correspondent (BC) or Agent of Micro Finance Institution (MFI) in their area to apply for WC loans under the PM Svanidhi Scheme. A list of these people will be kept by the ULBs. They will assist street vendors in filling out application forms and uploading documentation to the appropriate portals or mobile apps.
The following are the KYC documents needed to apply for a loan:
- Certificate of Vending or ID card issued by ULBs or Letter of Recommendation from ULB or TVC.
- Aadhaar card.
- Any one of the following-
- MNREGA card.
- Voter Identity card.
- Driving license.
- PAN card.
PM Svanidhi Scheme Interest Subsidy
Street sellers that take out a WC loan under the scheme are eligible for a 7% interest subsidy. The amount of the interest subsidy is credited to the borrower’s account on a quarterly basis. The interest subsidy will last until March 31, 2022. Up until that point, the interest subsidy is available on the first and subsequently increased loans.
Promotion of Digital Transactions by Street Vendors
Through the cash-back facility, this plan incentivizes street vendors to adopt digital transactions. Vendors would be onboarded for digital transactions through a network of lending institutions and digital payment aggregators such as Paytm, GooglePay, NPCI (for BHIM), BharatPay, AmazonPay, PhonePe, and others.
Application Process for PM Svanidhi Scheme
Applicants who want to apply online for the PM Svanidhi Scheme can follow the steps below:
- First of all visit the official website of PM Svanidhi.
- Scroll down and you will see the option ‘Planning to Apply for Loan’.
- Read the ‘Planning to Apply for a Loan’ section, carefully. Read all three steps, and then click the View More option.
- Select View / Download option. The Swanidhi scheme form will then open in PDF format in front of you.
- This scheme is available in PDF format.
- Complete all of the fields on this form and attach all of your supporting documents to the application.
- Finally, you must submit your application form to one of the universities listed below.
Institutions Providing the Loans
- First of all visit the First of all visit the official website of PM Svanidhi.
- On the home page, select View More option.
- After clicking on this option, you will be taken to the next page where you will see the Lenders List option.
- This option must be selected. The bank list will open in front of you on the following page once you choose the option.
- You can submit your application form after viewing this list.
Check Your Street Vendor Survey Search
Follow the steps below to check Street Vendor Survey Search:
- First of all, Visit the SVANidhi Yojana’s official website
- On this home page, click the view more option below.
- After you select an option, the next page will appear on your computer screen. On this page, you’ll find the Vendor Survey List option.
- This option must be selected. A form will appear after you select the option.
- Fill the following details:
- State Name
- Urban Local Bodies (ULB)
- Street Vendor’s name
- husband’s mobile number
- Certificate of vending number etc.
- After you’ve completed all of the fields, click the search button. After that, you can monitor the status of your survey or search for street vendor surveys.
Check Application Status
- First of all, Visit the SVANidhi Yojana’s official website
- On this home page, click on the Know Yoyur Application Status option.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Enter the details in the form like Application Number and Mobile Number.
- Now click on the search option.
Process to Download PM Swanidhi Mobile App
On June 29, 2020, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs established the website http://pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in/. MoHUA has now released the PM Svanidhi Mobile App. You can easily download this app from the Google Play store by following the below steps:
- First of all go to your Android phone’s Google Play store.
- After that go to the Google Play store and search for the PM Swanidhi app in the search field before clicking the install button.
- PM Svanidhi Mobile App will be available for download from the Google Play Store soon.
- After that, you will be able to effortlessly apply for this program online.
Check Payment Aggregator
- First of all, visit the SVANidhiYojana’s official website.
- On the home page, under Planning to APPLY for Loan, click on the option to view more.
- On this page, select the Payment Aggregator option.
- You’ll find a variety of alternatives, from which you can create a payment aggregator.
If you have any questions, you can call the toll-free number 1800 11 1979 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday, excluding national holidays.
The customer care helpline is offered in eight different languages (Hindi, Tamil, English, Telugu, Assamese, Kannada, Gujarati& Marathi)
https://pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in/ is the official website of PM SVANidhi.
The main purpose of this scheme is to grant loans to street vendors.
Yes, Hawkers can apply for a loan under this scheme.
The scheme’s target beneficiaries include street vendors/hawkers in metropolitan areas, as well as vendors in the surrounding peri-urban and rural areas, as of March 24, 2020.