The State Bank of India has developed to become a multinational public sector bank with the goal of providing easy yet innovative banking products to its customers. You can use the given information to file a complaint or get answers to any questions you have about your SBI credit card. We will share details here about SBI ATM Card Block.
SBI ATM Card Block through Net Banking
Using Online SBI services, the account user can quickly block the SBI ATM card. He or she only needs to follow a few easy steps mentioned below:
- First of all go to www.onlinesbi.com
- Enter your username and password to login the SBI net banking portal.
- Select ‘ATM Card Services Option’ from the ‘e-Services’ page.
- Now select the option – ‘Block ATM Card.’
- Select the account associated with the ATM or Debit Card that the account user wishes to block.
- The account holder will be able to see a list of all active and blocked cards. The first and last four digits of the ATM card will be displayed in this list.
- The SBI account holder should select the card that he or she wants to block, specify the reason for blocking it (either “Lost” or “Stolen”), and then click “Submit.” Verify the essential information and choose confirm.
- Select an authentication mode for the request. An OTP number or the Profile Password can be used by the account holder.
- Confirm your OTP or profile password by clicking the confirm button.
- Once the SBI ATM cum Debit Card has been blocked, the account user will receive an SMS notice with a ticket number. The account holder should make a note of the ticket number in case it is needed in the future.
The account user can also use the SBI Net Banking portal to check if any ATM cards have been disabled or are inactive. By simply logging into the SBI Net Banking page, they may check the status of their ATM cards.
Note: Once an account holder has blocked an SBI ATM card using online banking, he or she will not be able to unblock it.
Block SBI ATM Card via Mobile Banking
Following the instructions below, SBI account customers can block their SBI ATM Cards:
- Open the ‘SBI Mobile Banking‘ app on your Android or iOS phone and log in.
- From the SBI mobile banking app’s home screen, pick the ‘Services‘ option.
- Select ‘Debit Card Hotlisting‘ from the ‘Services’ menu to block your SBI ATM card in minutes.On the following page, the account holder must select the debit account associated with the ATM card that he or she wishes to block.
- The account holder must pick the debit card that he or she wants to block in the next menu.
- The account holder must select the reason for the SBI ATM card being blocked in this step. Only the options ‘Lost’ and ‘Stolen‘ are available to the account holder.
- The account holder must then enter an OTP to validate the SBI ATM card block (One Time Password). The SBI ATM card will be blocked after this step.
If the account holder does not wish to use their SBI ATM card, they can prevent it from being blocked. SBI account customers can quickly ‘turn off’ their ATM card’s local and international usage to prevent fraudulent activities. This makes it simple for SBI account customers to protect their cards from unauthorized use. This feature also saves time because the account holder will not have to unlock the card in the future if he or she wishes to use it. To use the card again, the account holder just needs to ‘Turn on’ the domestic and international usage options.
Block SBI ATM Card Over Phone
Account-holders can also contact customer service to submit a complaint and have their SBI ATM card blocked immediately. When the account holder notices that the ATM card is missing, he or she should contact SBI at 18004253800 or 1800112211. This is a toll-free SBI ATM card block number IVRS option that will guide the account holder on how to block SBI ATM Card. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to have your ATM card disabled right away.
Note: If none of the aforementioned solutions are applicable for any SBI account user who wants to block SBI ATM card, he or she might visit the nearest SBI branch to do so.
Block My SBI ATM Card via SMS
Blocking the ATM Card can also be done through SMS. The procedure is given below:
- In order to block your SBI ATM card via SMS, from your registered mobile numberyou need to send ‘BLOCK<space>XXXX’ to 567676.
- Here, XXXX is the last 4-digits of your card number.
- Once your request is accepted, you will receive a confirmation SMS with the ticket number, date and time of blocking.
Other SBI Searches
SBI ATM Toll-Free Number
The following numbers can be used to contact an SBI customer service representative:
- 1800 180 1290 is a toll-free number.
- 1860 180 1290 is another toll-free number.
City-specific phone number: 39 02 02 02 (prefix with your local STD code). Below is a thorough city-by-city breakdown of the numbers.)
These numbers can be used by both personal and business credit cardholders to get answers to their queries.
Yes, you can unblock your SBI debit card by writing to the nearest bank branch and filing a formal application. You must also submit your identity evidence in order for your application to be processed.
Call SBI’s 24-hour toll-free helpline number 1800-11-2211, 1800-425-3800, or landline number 080-26599990 to block your SBI ATM card via phone banking.
www.onlinesbi.com is the official website ofSBI Bank
You will receive a block confirmation via SMS and mail on your registered mobile number and email address after submitting your request through any SBI portal.