UPI Transaction without Internet | *99# customer care number |Dial *99# to Make Digital Payment with No Internet | How To Transfer Money Without UPI In Paytm
Most of our lives are strongly reliant on the internet in this digital age. This is especially true when it comes to money transfers and other forms of online payment, such as Google Pay, Paytm, Amazon UPI, PhonePe, and so on. What if you’re in the middle of a transaction and your internet connection suddenly goes down? There is, however, a remedy for this as well, so there is no need to be concerned. All you need is your phone and a pre-registered bank account with money in it to make that purchase or transaction go through even if you don’t have access to the internet. Let’s know more about UPI Transaction without Internet
In November of 2012, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launched the *99# service in India for all mobile phone customers, including non-smartphone users. This *99# number serves as an emergency feature for smartphone users who do not have access to the internet, and it is the only way for feature phone users to execute UPI transactions. The service had a limited reach when it originally started, with only two TSPs offering it: BSNL and MTNL. As the need for digital banking has grown, so has the number of regulatory and trade organizations that have approved it as a valid and required resource.
As a result, it was incorporated into the Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojna scheme in August of 2014. The NCPI did not implement the UPI system until later in 2016. Having said that, here’s how you can make UPI payments without having to use the internet.
UPI Transaction without Internet Step-by-Step Guide
You must first download the BHIM app and complete the one-time registration process before proceeding. After that, you’ll be able to do UPI transfers offline. All you have to do now is make sure you have the correct SIM card and phone number linked to the correct bank account.
- Type (*99#) into the dial pad on your phone.
- This will open a new menu with seven alternatives for you to choose from. Options such as ‘Send Money,’ ‘Receive Money,’ ‘Check Balance,’ ‘My Profile,’ ‘Pending Requests,’ ‘Transactions,’ and ‘UPI PIN’ will be available on the menus.
- The next step is to hit the number 1 on your dial pad to pick the option ‘Send Money.‘ After that, you’ll be able to send money using only your registered mobile number, UPI ID, or account number and IFSC code.
- From the several payment options available, select one. If you select the phone number option, enter the cellphone number of the person to whom you desire to transfer money. If you choose the UPI ID option, you must input the UPI ID of the other person. The same is true for the bank account choice, which requires you to enter the 11-digit IFSC code first, followed by the beneficiary’s bank account number.
- Then, similarly to how you could have done it with Google Pay or Paytm, you must enter the amount you desire to transfer to the other person.
- Finally, you must enter your own UPI Pin number, which might be six or four digits long. Then all you have to do is tap the ‘send’ button. You’ll get a transaction progress update and a reference ID on your phone once it’s been transferred. You will be asked if you wish to save this individual as a beneficiary for future transactions if the transaction was successful.
Benefits Of the *99# Service
- Uses USSD as the access channel, which is compatible with all GSM devices (smartphones and non-smartphones), allowing it to reach the last mile user.
- Supports menu-based applications that are simple for users to navigate.
- It is high available since it does not require data connectivity (it works on a signaling channel).
- Availability at all times (works even on holidays)
- All GSM Operators and mobile handsets have access to a common code *99#.
- A new way to use the BHIM app and a critical catalyst for financial inclusion
Increase HDFC Credit Card Limit
Yes, the *99# service is currently available from 41 major banks and all GSM service providers in 12 different languages, which includes Hindi as well as English.
UPI users can make payments using their phones in offline mode by dialing the *99# USSD code. One thing to keep in mind is that in order to conduct UPI payments via mobile via *99#, users’ cell numbers must be linked to their bank accounts.
Users can examine the available balance of his or her bank account linked to his or her cellphone number. The following is the transaction path for a Balance Enquiry: From your mobile phone, dial *99#. A welcome screen will appear, prompting you to input the three-letter abbreviated name of your bank or the first four letters of its IFSC code.
Yes, we can make UPI Transaction without the Internet.